Friday, February 6, 2015

Zutter Bow-it-All V2.0 Tutorial - Double-Loop Double-Layer Bow


This is the 3rd post for the day.  Please scroll down for the new challenge and the winners from the last challenge.

Hi everyone.  Bonnie here swinging in with a new Bow-it-All V2.0 tutorial featuring some great ribbon styles from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I'm am asked quite a bit about how I make my favorite double-loop double-layer bow, so I've made a video.  Now you can make them yourself!


Along with the bow tutorial, I talk a little bit about ribbon selection.  The type of ribbon that you use will greatly affect the finished look of your bows.  My top 2 picks for this particular bow are Delicate Stitched Satin and 5/8" Plaid Ribbon.  Both are lightweight, but still have a nice amount of body which will give your bow a nice tight center and pretty puffy loops that hold their shape.  

If you've been working with your Bow-it-All and you're not quite happy with your results, please get some of this ribbon and try again.  It could make all the difference.  Once you practice and refine your skills, you can tie beautiful bows with ANY ribbon style, but why frustrate yourself when you are learning?!

Bow-it-All V2.0 Double-Loop Double-Layer Bow Tutorial
(If you are viewing this post in an email feed, click HERE to view the video.)

If you like this video, please click the YouTube icon on the bottom right of the video link and head over to YouTube.  You can like the video and leave a comment there as well as subscribe to my channel so you don't miss new videos as they are posted. 

For more information on products used on this card, please visit my Make Time To Craft Blog.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you like the video!  I can't wait to see your gorgeous double-loop double-layers bows on projects entered in our current challenge.

~ Bonnie ~

5 comments :

  1. Fabulous tutorial, Bonnie. I learned so much from your video. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful video, Bonnie! I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, you do the best tutorials! I always appreciate the way you take it nice and slow, so we can really see what you are doing! This card is such a beauty! Those flowers are gorgeous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the video, you explain very well, and looks easy to follow, now need to purchase the bow maker, and practice, practice.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say