Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Welcome Baby Card using Hemp Cord Set

Happy Wednesday, ribbonistas!! Nicole P. here with a fun welcome baby card for ya. I've been wanting to use this adorable pastel hemp cord mix and thought a baby card for a friend would be perfect!! 

I used the Variegated 2 Hemp Cord Set and chose this pastel colored one. These hemp cords are so fun, they are mixed with different colors so you can create multiple color effect on projects. Do you know why I am so into those hemp cords though? They are so easy to work with!! I have no trouble making a bow with it and it stays there for good. Love it!


It is so adorable and love how it works well with the stamp set I used here. I stamped the baby chick image and cut out the eggshell and used foam adhesives to give it a 3D look. I used Copic markers to color in the chick and the egg. 
Quick tip #1 - If you are cutting out the stamped image, take a black marker and go around the edge of the cut out images. This gives more of a "professional cut" look. 
Quick tip #2 - I like to keep two separate scissors - one for ribbon cutting only and one for other uses. This way, you can always have a clean ribbon cut. 
Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment and share some love with us :) If you would like a full supplies list of today's card, please click here. Have a great day!!

3 comments :

  1. That chick is so cute. I love the feed me sentiment, too funny. And the pastel cord is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love this card and that hemp is so soft and pretty thanks for the tips everyone in my house knows that if they even glance at my ribbon scissor they are in big trouble lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card! The chickie is so stinken cute! Great design:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say