Tuesday, April 29, 2014

See You Soon Jumbo Tag


RRR 4291407

Hello, Friends! Today is sort of a bittersweet day for me. This is my last post as a design team member for Really Reasonable Ribbon. While I have greatly enjoyed the past 6 months working with Bonnie and the rest of the team, my freelance business is headed for a very busy season and I realized that I will not be able to meet those deadlines if I maintain my current DT work load. Since I am DT Leader at Crafty Secrets, and am doing creative writing for Heartfelt Creations, that left me with just one team that I could leave. So today I have a special See You Soon jumbo tag as my farewell post for RRR.

RRR 4291401

I broke out some of my favorite ribbons and embellishments for this special tag. I layered Blue Topaz Satin Swiss Dot ribbon over my trusty 1.5" wide Natural Jute Ribbon and topped it off with a piece of dainty Rachel white crochet lace. This created a good foundation for my tag.

RRR 4291402

The digital stamp I used is from Crafty Secrets and is called See You Soon. I layered this over a digital landscape scene from their Creating with Vintage Typography CD. The Bingo card and little birdie also come from that CD. Here's a look at some of the details:

RRR 4291403

I think the combo of jute ribbon, satin ribbon and crochet lace makes for great texture. I also added one of my favorite little WOC Sweetheart Blossoms and a couple WOC leaves with the button. Of course, I secured those ribbons with Scor-Tape. The G45 metal staples was painted with Antique Linen Distress Paint to match the shabby chic feel of this tag.

RRR 4291404

Foam tabs let me add lots of dimension to the focal image. I also embossed, shaped and painted a metal butterfly from G45 and added Prima charms to the body.

RRR 4291406

And by now you know I love me some banners!

RRR 4291405

More gorgeous ribbon and flowers at the top of the tag. I added some Stitched Sheer Satin in Ombre Blue along with another sweetheart blossom and a crochet lace bow.

RRR 4291408

You get a feel of the dimension of the tag in this photo.

RRR 4291409

And that's really it for me this time, friends! I want to thank Bonnie for a wonderful experience and all the great DT ladies at Really Reasonable Ribbon, too. I will miss all the chatter and camaraderie...but notice that the caption on this card doesn't say "good-bye." It says "See You Soon!' And I hope that I will be back from time to time to share my love for Really Reasonable Ribbon with all of you. Thanks for all the great comments and support. I hope that those of you who have enjoyed my work on the RRR blog will come and visit me at Kathy by Design so we can stay in touch. Being a designer for Really Reasonable Ribbon this past 6 months has made me happy right down to the tips of my crafty little fingers.

Cheerio,

kathy

5 comments :

  1. Such a gorgeous tag, Kathy! We will surely miss your beautiful creations here! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Kathy! I have so enjoyed my time here. The new team is amazing....you'll enjoy their work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such beautiful creations Kathy - and thank you for your kind words on my blogxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is a gorgeous tag!! Thank you Kathy for sharing with us!! I love your blog. Patricia B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ladies! I hope to see you again soon....feel free to drop by kathybydesign.com any time! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say