Friday, April 11, 2014

Graphic 45 Stash Buster Steampunk Collage

 
Hey there Paper Peeps! Today I'm sharing a special project that I created with lots and lots of layers from my Graphic 45 scrap and salvage basket. Yes...I do have a basket full of only G45 papers and embellies.....I just can't bear to get rid of even the tiniest scrap...I'm also upcycling an old frame that I've had for ages...waiting for the right project.
I couldn't decide if I wanted to make a banner....a collage...or altered art...so I went for all three. I've also used about elebenty hundred foam spacers to make it super dimensional.
I added some tags topped of with poofy bows created with Black Satin Swiss Dots, and Metal Staples Lock Plates. This was a perfect spot for the Mini Vintage Book ...click the link for my video tutorial on how to make this great little book.
I clipped these flowers and curled them for lots of dimension....and added Dusty Attic chipboard elements.  This may be my record for layering lol.
I loaded up all the Steampunk elements I could and Stickled the butterflies for added detail.
I can't wait to hang this collage up in my foyer.....the first girly thing I've added into "Boyville"
I hope you all enjoy a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) G


6 comments :

  1. Wow what a great project! I'm like you, when I have products I love I cannot bear to part with even the tiniest scrap. But I love how you incorporated so many bits into your project! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Beth
    http://stampinwithbeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning I love Steam Punk and this is like a dream you really put your heart and soul into this project bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! All those yummy layers and funky steampunk images make this piece so special. I love the gear lady's top hat with the butterflies on the brim. So whimsical. And I love the turn key for her brain. I need one of those! Magical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing project! LOVE all the fun elements and great dimension! LOVE it!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say